Covid-19 2021 Event Policy
NOTE: The majority of this document is from our sister LARP Garden of Destinies. We would like to thank them for their hard work drafting this and encourage you to check out their awesome game http://gardenofdestinieslarp.com/
After the End LARP (ATE) has adopted this Covid-19 policy to protect players at our 2021 in-person events. It may be rolled over to the 2022 season, if necessary. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
For all in-person ATE events Staff will be enforcing the following rules:
- All attendees must provide verification (either a vaccination card or a picture of such) of full Covid-19 vaccination. ATE will not keep any record of vaccination information.
- Any player that does not provide this information will be asked to leave the event and may be liable for a safety warning or ban.
- For the Pfizer or Moderna shots, both doses are required. The date must be at least 2 weeks before the event date.
- For the Johnson & Johnson shot, a single dose is required. The date must be at least 2 weeks before the event date.
- If a participant is unable to accept any of the available vaccines for medical reasons, they should contact us.
- There are no other exceptions. Anyone who does not meet the above requirements will not be allowed to participate and will be asked to leave the game site.
- If you need assistance in signing up for your vaccination please reach out to our health marshal Derek Ratliff firstname.lastname@example.org
- The above verification will be provided to ATE Staff at Check-in. Check-in times will be listed before each event in places such as our Facebook group and Discord server. Players must make every attempt to immediately proceed to check-in as soon as possible upon arriving at the game site.
- If a player is arriving after the official Friday night check in they must come directly to Monstertown for Check-in.
- Visual proof of vaccination will be required every event for the foreseeable future.
- If any attendees have been experiencing Covid symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc) in the two weeks prior to the event we ask that you do not attend.
- We will be conducting contactless temperature screenings at Check-in. If any attendee is running a fever, they will be asked to leave site.
- While we do not require a current COVID test for attendees, if you or someone in your bubble are in a frontline or otherwise high-risk occupation, we strongly recommend taking a PCR test 3-4 days before game. We do not recommend rapid tests for detecting exposure early on. If you need help locating a testing site, please reach out to Staff or our health marshal.
- If you have been in close contact with any confirmed case in the 2 weeks before the game, even if you are not showing symptoms and are testing negative, we ask that you not attend game.
- Any attempts to skirt any of the above rules will result in substantial disciplinary action per our Code of Conduct. ATE takes the stance that vaccinations are of the utmost importance. This can include a permanent ban from attending ATE events, and this activity will be reported to our sister game (Garden of Destinies).
- ATE will provide hand soap and sanitizer in the Tavern for player use. Monster and tavern shifts may include time for disinfecting shared spaces and surfaces.
- All people on Tavern shifts or doing food preparation will be required to wear masks and gloves. ATE will also limit the amount of self-serve food options.
- ATE is currently expecting our “Monster Town” space to be the large stage at the back of site. Since this is outdoors, we will not be limiting the number of people who have access to the supplies.
- Masks are required for indoor areas such as modules or the saloon, but will not be required during outdoor areas. HOWEVER if any player near you requests you wear a mask you are required to do so.
- Masks will not be required in your own cabin, but if you are in another’s cabin please respect their preference.
- We will be opening up most site cabins for players to use for sleeping areas. We encourage you to maintain quarantine ‘bubbles’ if possible.
- ATE recommends that all attendees quarantine for 2 weeks after each event as a precaution, if able. ATE also encourages you to contact the staff if you have any symptoms or test positive for COVID within 2 weeks of the event.
- If you have any questions or concerns about this policy please email us at email@example.com.
- For more information on what you can do when fully-vaccinated please refer to the CDC guidelines here.
- ATE Staff means current director staff or designated marshals.
Changes from the GoDs policies
- Added referral to GoDs and credit
- Changed references from GoDs to ATE and emails as appropriate
- Player health advocate updated
- ATE Staff defined as directors and marshals
- Noted that time on monster shift or tavern shift may include disinfection cleaning
- Monster Town access is noted to be largely outside.
- Masks are required for indoor areas such as obtaining food.
0.1 – 11/3/21 Initial draft for staff review